This episode is the second part of my interview with Will Allen, director of the fascinating documentary Holy Hell, which follows his journey of being in a dark cult for more than 20 years. I reached out to Will to interview him about his experience because his story really touched my heart, and I wanted to share with you the risks cults pose, how they can control us before we even realize it, and ways to avoid their power and stand in our own.
Will and I explore how his guru exploited the practice of meditation to control them, and what healthy meditation really looks like. We discuss the nature of human desire, and how repressing all desires is actually harmful and not realistic. I explain how managing your relationship with your desires can actually improve your life and spirituality.
I talk with Will about how gurus can twist the concepts of love and devotion to hypnotize curious intelligent people into giving up their identity and submitting their will. I make the distinction between the time-bound intelligence that most people use, and the timeless intelligence available to us that comes from Pure Source. We get to connect both of these types of brilliance to achieve the best results in our life.
I end this episode with a powerful Medihealing, which is meditation and healing combined to accelerate your spiritual growth and achieve 360 degrees of abundance. I guide you into a deep meditative state and then take you through an process where you take command of your breath, your energy and every other part of your life. You will leave the Medihealing feeling grounded, empowered, and protected from all those who would seek to control you.
"You have time bound intelligence and timeless intelligence; the key is to use both, so you never get stuck."
- How Michel Rostand taught meditation
- What is the true importance of meditation
- How to properly come out of a meditative state
- How do you control your desires effectively
- Whether you should move away from your desires
"Taking command of your breath is a great way to regain control in your life."
- Why other gurus offer enlightenment
- Whether you are supposed to be devoted to a guru
- How gurus make you wrong to maintain control
- What kinds of people are the most vulnerable to hypnotism
- The difference between time bound and timeless intelligence
"When someone tells you to do something, focus more on who they are than what they’re telling you to do."
- EI Episode 90: Mas Mechanics Part 2
- EI Episode 85: Demystifying Religion Part 2
- EI Episode 84: Mas Mechanics Part 1.5
- EI Episode 83: Mas Mechanics Part 1
- EI Episode 71: Demystifying Religion
- EI Episode 61: A Medihealing on Breaking the Shackles of Devotion
- EI Episode 60: Dangerous Devotion
- EI Episode 1: What is EI?
Review our collection of Exponential Intelligence podcast quotes by clicking here: Facebook EI Quote Album.